Specifics of Technical Requirements for Website Promotion on Google
Last updated on
Now that we’ve established that content and links are crucial for Google promotion, you can learn about the best practices for preparing and formatting content here. You’ll also find valuable information about links.
Now, let’s delve into the essential technical requirements:
1. Website Age: While it may be challenging to influence this factor, it’s important to know that Google tends to favor older resources. So, if you ever consider abandoning everything and starting a new website from scratch, don’t rush into it. Younger sites tend to climb the rankings more slowly, especially in high-frequency query search results.
2. Loading Speed: This parameter has been extensively discussed, but Google still places significant importance on website speed. All else being equal, sites with shorter loading times receive higher rankings. Of course, if your competitors offer more relevant content but have slightly slower loading times, a faster website alone won’t necessarily push you ahead. Nevertheless, it’s essential to pay attention to loading speed.
3. Mobile Version: While this point has been reiterated in countless SEO promotion materials, its importance cannot be overstated. Unfortunately, there are still websites without a mobile version, or sometimes it exists but functions poorly. If this applies to your site, your competitiveness is significantly lower. Few people want to click on small buttons and zoom in to read text. Moreover, Google employs a special algorithm called Mobile-First Index, which consistently prioritizes pages adapted for mobile in search results’ top positions.
Website Technical Error Check
This is the initial step we take before commencing website promotion on search engines. If the site operates slowly and inadequately, all other efforts will be futile.
For comprehensive and regular site checks, consider connecting it to Google Search Console.
First and foremost, we conduct checks for:
1. The correctness of the robots.txt and sitemap.xml files.
2. The presence of broken pages (pages with a 404 not found response code).
3. Server issues (especially if there are numerous pages with a 505 response code).
4. The correct display of the site in different browsers and on various screen resolutions.
Certain aspects of website performance do not rely on search engine updates; they pertain to the absence of technical errors on the site. Technical errors can mislead search engine bots regarding the content you consider valuable on your site and what needs to be indexed. Therefore, when we discuss website promotion, we primarily focus on the technical aspect without errors.
Some Key Site Structure Parameters Important for Indexing and Site Promotion on Google
The site structure serves as the foundation for all other technical elements. It directly impacts the URL structure and the robots.txt file, which, in turn, determines which pages Google can crawl and index.
Many crawling and indexing errors result from poorly designed site structures. Creating a website with clear and user-friendly navigation for both users and search engine bots helps prevent errors in the future. In essence, a straightforward site structure contributes to the successful execution of other technical SEO tasks. It logically connects pages, eliminating ambiguity for both humans and search engine bots.
Orphan pages are pages that exist in isolation, lacking internal links to connect them to the rest of the site’s content. It is advisable to avoid creating orphan pages because search engine bots may overlook them during crawling and indexing.
What services can help you check the aforementioned errors and provide instructions for their resolution?
Naturally, checking the entire site manually is an impossible task, especially when dealing with a large volume of pages. To address and rectify the errors mentioned earlier on a website, various services and tools are available that automate the analysis process and offer guidance on resolving these issues. Some of the most popular services in this field include:
1. Google Search Console: This free service from Google provides insights into your website’s health in Google’s search results. It can identify indexing issues, broken links, problems with the robots.txt file, and other technical aspects, offering guidance on how to address them.
2. Screaming Frog SEO Spider: This is a paid website scanning tool that helps identify technical errors such as broken links, missing meta tags, incorrect usage of HTTP status codes, and more. It also provides detailed reports and instructions for fixing errors.
3. Semrush: As a comprehensive SEO and competitor analysis tool, Semrush also offers website auditing features. It identifies SEO issues, including technical errors, and provides recommendations for addressing them.
4. Moz Pro: Moz Pro offers an analysis of the technical aspects of your website, checking for broken links, duplicated content, and other issues that can affect its performance in search results.
5. Ahrefs: This tool provides website auditing, including an analysis of technical errors and recommendations for addressing them.
These services can automate the process of checking and analyzing your website for technical errors, providing you with valuable recommendations for resolving them.
Technical site customization and creating excellent content are meaningful only when you aim to attract targeted traffic from search engines.
In our discussion, we have explored engaging ways to attract customers using SEO and have outlined our typical strategies for driving traffic and generating leads through search engine marketing.
If you require SEO consultation, we would be delighted to assist you.